Holy Cross Family Rosary encourages family prayer, especially the Rosary.
Fr Peyton had great belief in the Holy Rosary and seen it as an important form of prayer for individuals, for families, for communities and for the world.
The Rosary is a prayer of peace and in Ireland this was particularly dear to Catholic families.
Join us in supporting the spiritual well being of the family, in the spirit of Venerable Patrick Peyton.
“The family that prays together stays together”
How to Pray the Rosary
- Make the Sign of the Cross with the crucifix of the Rosary.
- Say the “Apostles’ Creed”.
- On the 1st bead from the crucifix, say one “Our Father”.
- On the 2nd,3rd and 4th beads, say the “Hail Mary”.
- Say one “Glory Be to the Father”.
For each of the 5 decades:
- Announce the Mystery.
- On the large bead before each decade, say one “Our Father”.
- Say ten “Hail Marys”,(one for each small bead of the decade) while meditating on the Mystery.
- Say the “Glory Be to the Father”
- Say the “Hail, Holy Queen”.