Downpatrick

Within sight of the grave of St Patrick and a few miles from Saul where the National Apostle first landed, more than 30,000 people from all parts of the North gathered on Sunday, June 20th 1954, in a 30-acre field outside Downpatrick for the final Rosary Rally in the Diocese of Down and Connor.

Children from Downpatrick Convent School presented the 15 decades of the Rosary in front of the Garland - bedecked platform and alter.

Father Peyton addressing the people of Downpatrick who were accommodated in a sloping field.